1. User Consent.
2. Personal Data You Provide to Us.
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, phone number, postal code, and e-mail address. TimeCloud collects Personal Data from you so you can use our service and be contacted via our service. This policy outlines how we collect, protect, disclose, use, retain and process your Personal Data, plus your rights relating to these activities. Collection of Personal Data is purely done to improve your, and your company’s, experience of Timecloud and to provide maximum benefit to your organisation. The Personal Data we collect is as
- Contact Information (e.g., name, phone number, address, email address and next-of-kin information);
- Date of Birth;
- Professional and Employment Information (e.g., hourly-rate, employment type, timesheet and availability information and history, files);
- Device Information (e.g., device type, operating system, browser, network information); and
- Login Information
We also aggregate certain anonymised data to understand how TimeCloud is used, analyse trends,identify issues or undertake support. For example, we may aggregate anonymised login information to gain insight about when our servers are being used most so we can scale our platform more effectively, ultimately providing a more reliable service for our customers.
3. Our Purposes for Collecting Personal Data.
TimeCloud collects, uses, discloses, and otherwise manages Personal Data in a variety of ways related to our Site and the Services we provide. We’ve outlined these purposes below. We have sensibly limited the amount of Personal Data TimeCloud collects to ensure our functionalities work, without collecting unnecessary data. Any less necessary data, such as a profile photo, is optional. TimeCloud may collect, use or store Personal Data for the purposes described below.
- In order to provide you with the Services you request, which require collecting information directly from you when you use or interact with our Site or our Services. This Personal Data may relate to you, your employees, or individuals you interact with. This purpose includes:
- To allow account creation and logon processes.
- To deliver the requested services to the user, such as generally interacting with and using the Service.
- In order to enable communication within your organisation, e.g., such as availability information. In relation to this, we advise not including personal information in comment fields, such as sensitive or personal reasons for being unavailable, or as such.
- To promote or offer you Services, and to determine your eligibility for new products and services we may offer from time to time. This is an opt-in process, we will not contact you without your consent.
- To provide you with educational materials and guides relevant to the Services you use.
- To contact you for the purposes of Service updates, and system and account notifications.
- To provide you with support in connection with the Services.
- We collect information and usage data whenever you interact with us. This data may include when you perform actions within the TimeCloud application. These activities may be performed by us or a service provider acting on our behalf, such as Google Analytics or similar.
Your personal data is never sold to other companies.
4. How we Disclose Information.
4.1. Service Providers.
We may transfer (or otherwise make available) the minimum amount of your Personal Data possible to third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to host our website, process payments or send notifications. Your Personal Data may be maintained and processed by these third parties in other jurisdictions. When your information is in another jurisdiction, it will be subject to their laws. We only share the information these service providers need to perform the service and we don’t authorize them for any other use or disclosure of personal information.
4.2. Persons Who Acquire Our Assets or Business.
If we sell or transfer any of our business or assets (including insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), certain information about our clients may be a part of that sale or transfer. In the event such sale or transfer results in a material change to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you. The notification procedure will be the same as the procedure we use to notify you of a change to this Privacy Notice as described below.
4.3. Law Enforcement.
We may disclose your information when we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is required or permitted by law pursuant to a legal request. This may occur in connection with a court order, legal process, or other judicial, administrative or investigative proceeding that produces a request for information from us. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose your information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
4.4. Legal Requirements.
We may disclose your information when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect either your or our rights and safety. We may disclose your information in order to, and only to the extent necessary, inform officials of activities that may constitute, or may have constituted, a violation of any criminal law or to assist the official in investigating or prosecuting a violation of criminal law.
5.1. Submitting the Personal Information of Others.
When you submit the Personal Information of your customers or employees to us, you are responsible for informing such customers and employees about TimeCloud, and for obtaining any necessary consent or authority from them, including informing them that TimeCloud operates within the UK and utilizes service providers within the UK.
5.2. Closing your TimeCloud Account.
At any time and without penalty, you can close your TimeCloud account and stop using our Services. Please ensure you complete the account closure process which includes a confirmation email. Otherwise, your account may not be closed.
5.3. Email and Communications Consent.
6. Limiting Data Collection, Use, Disclosure and Retention.
7. Tracking, Cookies and Web Beacons
8. Data Accuracy.
TimeCloud relies on you to provide us with information that is accurate and complete. We provide you the mechanisms and rely on you to keep your information up to date. You can request updates or corrections of any inaccuracies in your Personal Data at any time by contacting us at the contact information listed in the policy. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time-frame.
We do not market our services to or knowingly collect information from minors. Our Service helps companies manage employments, employee data and payroll, therefore data about any persons beneath the legal working age should not be collected. If we learn of a safeguarding breach, any related accounts will be deactivated and we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. To report a breach of safeguarding, please contact [email protected]. TimeCloud uses a combination of reasonable and appropriate safeguards designed to protect your information. These safeguards are administrative controls (things like policies, procedures, and training), technical controls (things like encryption, firewalls, and secure coding frameworks), and physical controls (secured hosting environments). We ensure that any third party acting on our behalf maintains reasonable and appropriate safeguards in respect of your Personal Data. Nevertheless, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure, therefore we cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have questions about the security of our Site or Service, you can contact us at [email protected]. You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password for the Services to third parties. Our team will never request your password or PIN, and we ask that you never post account or credit card numbers to our support channels. Please do not include unnecessary Personal Data in any comment fields within the Service.
10. Individual Access.
We have made it easy for you to access and update your Personal Data by logging into your account. If you require help to do this, please contact support. Some data related to you within the Service may not be editable by yourself. For example, if you are using the employee portal you will not be able to change your hourly-rate or employment type yourself; this can only be done from the administration portal. To change this data, please contact your own company’s administration. You can also request access, corrections, or updates to all your Personal Information, including information not available through your account, by contacting us as set out in the “Challenging Compliance” section of this document. We may request certain Personal Information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
11. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our Services are hosted on servers located in London. The transfer of your information, and the information you input into our Services to London is necessary to deliver our Services, unless using TimeCloud Enterprise where you have specified data to remain within a specific location. Please be aware that the laws in other countries or regions may not provide the same level of protection to your personal information as your home country. We have updated documentation, internal policies and procedures, and agreements to align with GDPR requirements applicable to us.
You should consult with your legal professional to understand your GDPR compliance obligations. If you are deemed a data controller, you are responsible for ensuring that you have a legitimate basis for the collection, processing, and transfer of the personal data you input into our Services. By using our Services, you represent to us that you have met your GDPR compliance obligations. If you access our Services from the European Union, you may have certain rights regarding the processing of your personal information. For instance, if the information you provide contains special categories of personal data, we will only process it with your explicit consent, which can be withdrawn at any time. You may have the following additional rights:
- You have the right to access and correct your information.
- You have the right to obtain erasure of your information, object to, or restrict processing activities related to your information, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your information after you have provided it.
- You have the right to obtain a copy of your information in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority regarding our processing of your information.
To exercise your rights, or if you otherwise have questions about the processing of your personal data, you may contact us at [email protected] your explicit consent, which can be withdrawn at
12. California Consumer Privacy Act.
If you live in California, you may have the following rights over your information:
- For the period covering the 12 months preceding your request, you may request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of information collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected that information, and the purposes for which your information was collected.
- You may also request that we delete information we collected from you.
- You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights over your information.
As stated above, we do not sell your personal information.
You may submit a request to exercise your rights by emailing [email protected] or calling us. When receiving a request, we will require personal information to verify the identity of the individual making the request. Government identification may be required.
13. Contacting Us.
To contact us in regards to this policy, or for any other reason, please use the following details.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0204 511 6912
Postal Address: 71-75 Shelton Street, London, Greater London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ
14. Updating or Deleting your Information.
You may update or delete your information through your TimeCloud account. Additionally, if you request we permanently delete your account or information, this will be undertaken promptly unless we must retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, in which case you will be notified of this.